Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welcome To My New Blog!

I have always been one to be kind and helping to all fur babies, especially dogs and cats, although I have been known to have helped a few farm animals along the way, as well.  It was always a goal for me that when we retired I would rescue as many fur babies that society would allow.  I have tried to the best of my ability to live up to that goal!  I do have friends and contacts out there that have stepped in and helped when I couldn't (mostly rescuing dogs that had been mistreated).  After raising eight sons and a daughter (all of whom are under new management now), I have found that my fur babies help fill the void of not being needed as much by my children.  My own pets are all well fed and go to the vet for all things necessary (I think even more so than we); and I am constantly doing research to learn more ways for dogs and cats to live a better life.  They are the most loyal friends you will ever have!  I still remember the day I got each and every one of them. I also remember the day some of them went to Pet Heaven; and I even have some nice containers which hold ashes from some of them, sitting on a shelf never to be forgotten.

Needless to say it is my goal to help every fur baby that I can to lead a better life, and that is my main purpose for this blog.  I will be selling my handmade dog and cat items here, using the proceeds to continue in my efforts to help the cats and dogs who cannot help themselves.  I will also use this site to continue to promote my hand published cook book which I have been using the proceeds from for over 22 years now for this purpose. There are many caring people out there whom I have never met but who have made donations at times to help me achieve my goals.  I greatly appreciate these wonderful people and thank each and every one of them for their help and generosity!  I am happier and can sleep better at nights knowing I did the best I could to help a fur baby have a better life.

Please take a look at the many pet related items I am offering for sale by clicking on the different categories above.  Also, be sure to check out Maggie's page to keep up with what is going on around our home and to read her stories.  Thanks so much for dropping by today.  Hope you will come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment